Friday, December 4, 2009

Wow long time no update!

My life has been crazy so hence the severe lack of updating and puppy cuteness on this blog.  Serena is doing great!  She has gain around 10 pounds since we got her 4 weeks ago and is looking less like a puppy and more like a dog.  It is kind of amazing how fast they grow!!  Though I guess that is what 3 to 4 cups of food a day will do for a little puppy.  My last update was about Serena's  Thanksgiving.  Since then we have done a lot!

Over Thanksgiving I watched my mom's cats.  This was a great way for Serena to learn how to socialize with cats some more.  She got to play with Jax (the kitten) and learn her kitty manners from Emmy (the pissed off older cat who thinks that having a puppy and a kitten in the apartment is HELL).  By the end of watching them Serena was playing much nicer with Jax and would give Emmy her 5ft personal bubble that she demands.



Other than tormenting cats I have tried to take Serena as many places as possible.  She of course goes to the barn with me everyday and loves going and saying hi to Reggie.  One day the barn was empty so I took her in the indoor ring and we ran around and tried to jump a little jump.  At first she thought she was supposed to go under so I made it smaller.  Then she figured out I wanted her to go over it and then she kept wanting to do it.  It was a good way to make both of us tired!




  We also have gone to the beach since it was like the last nice day out a couple days ago.  She joined us in going to the The Christmas Carol in 3D IMAX.  At first she didn't know what to make of the loud sounds and the 3D screen.  She even watched the first part of the movie, looking back and forth at things moving across the screen.  By the end she decided it was boring and went to sleep.  Then she joined us in going to Chipotle afterwards.  The random scraps of rice on the floor was very tempting and I had to say a lot of leave its but eventually she gave up and just sat there.

Serena helped me hang Christmas lights the other day. Of course I had to put some on her and get a picture.  She thought I was crazy but let me do it.




Serena went for her first major clothing store shopping experience with me yesterday.  We went to the Old Navy in Gurnee.  Everyone there was so nice and friendly.  The store manger was the bomb!!  We spent forever talking to him and he said Serena was welcome anytime even if it was just to say hi.  He might even organize a fundraiser for My Angel With Paws.  Awesome!!! So go to the Old Navy in Gurnee off of Grand Ave because they rock.  Serena was really good too even with all the people that were there.  She became more relaxed after a few people said hi to her and told her how cute she was.  She even just lay down in the changing room until I was done.  Overall it was a great experience and we will be sure to go back and visit :-).



Overall she is doing great.  We are currently working on the commands "kiss" "my lap" "off" and "get it back."  She is teething so she is chewing on EVERYTHING.  She just chewed through phone charger #2 tonight after finding it where I hid it and taking advantage that I was distracted by updating this blog.  Oh puppy puppy puppy.  Another trip to Verizon tomorrow.... oh well another place to take Serena.  She is just so cute I can't stay mad at her for very long... :-).








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you -Sarah