Wednesday, June 5, 2013

We're backkkkkk!

Back to blogging, back from Florida.  Oh how it has been a glorious month with a certain puppy named Ice!

Since the last time I posted, Ice has gone from a ball of fluff to an awkward teenage dog.  His tail is super long, his ears are super big and his legs go on for miles.  I can't feed him enough!  Last week he weighed 30 pounds and I am pretty sure he has gained 5 pounds since then.  His brain is like a sponge and he is soaking up anything new I teach him.  We have been working hard on getting a super good  base in his training; sit, down, stay, wait, heel, front, side and of course walking nicely on leash.  We have also been working on speak and shake because he loves to bark and he loves to use his paws so I am trying to channel that into something productive.  He is a smart little man.

This was all tested this past weekend when Ice and I traveled to Florida to visit everyone at My Angel With Paws and to go see Cesar Millan Live in Jacksonville.  I couldn't have asked for a more perfect puppy.  He paraded through the airport like he owned the place, slept on the plane like he had been living there the whole time, handled the crowds at the show like he was Moses (yes they parted for him and his service dog friends), rode a water ferry like he was the captain of the ship and had a blast playing with all the other dogs.  He has a new girlfriend named Kiera.  She is a chocolate lab puppy who will hopefully be a breeder dog for My Angel With Paws.  He couldn't have picked a cuter first crush:


Kiera and Ice

So I don't forget, at some point I need to blog about the people we met while traveling, Ice's first trip to Walmart and of course seeing Cesar Millan Live.  Until then, have a wonderful week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you -Sarah