Thursday, July 28, 2011

Capturing the Moment

Last night I had a bunch of clothes on the floor and noticed that Darby was interested in them.  I thought it would be a good opportunity to try and get him to pick them up.  He just wiggled and wanted his belly rubbed.  I gave up and decided to train that at a later date when I had treats.  Next thing I know he picked up a bright red thong and was running around with it.  That was my opportunity.  I told him to bring it here.  Which he did all wiggly and cute. Then I asked him to give, which is getting a ton better.  I only have to sort of take it from him.  Then I would praise him and have a puppy party.  Then I would drop the thong and say "oops."  Pretty soon he figured out the game and we were playing "get it" with a thong.  I am so glad my dad had already gone to bed!  Maybe next time I will try it with a sock :-)


1 comment:

  1. Don't be fooled, Sarah - he knows what he's doing. Also, I LOOOOVE your blog header photo. I bet you could sell it for big bucks. :)

    Love, AL

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you -Sarah