Tuesday, June 22, 2010

hot hot hot!!

Serena does not like the hot weather at all!!!  Today was the first real hot day of summer and she panted all day long.  That didn't stop her from barking at my dad and I in the garden until he took her for a bike ride.  She really likes to be vocal when she wants something! 


She goes almost everywhere with me still and is doing better and better!  She has become a pro at shopping with me and doesn't mind when I go back and forth a thousand times making up my mind.  She has also had experiences with new restaurants.  One was Stir Crazy which is an asian style place with an open grill that people can see.  One point during the dinner they clean the grill and put the whole thing on fire.  Serena just watched and didn't care at all!  Another one was Jason's Deli which is a sandwich shop.  This brought back memories of when I used to have to shove her under the table at Jimmy John's and constantly tell her to lay down.  All I have to do now is say "get in" and she walks in turns around and goes to sleep until I am finished.  I absolutely love this dog!


Since I haven't posted a video in awhile I decided to make on tonight of Serena getting the phone.  Awhile ago I taught Serena to get an old phone off the table in the living room. Recently we have been working on going and getting the phone from different places in the house. Today was the first time I tried going upstairs and doing it and she was perfect! We did it 4 times to give you guys different camera angles and each time she did it wonderfully.   When she is placed with a person with disabilities, they can train her where they keep an emergency phone and apply "go get the phone" to that. That way if they need help and can't reach a phone, Serena can go get one for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I would love to hear from you -Sarah